Ken Freiberg has been involved with the health and fitness industry for over 30 years, both personally and professionally.
At a very young age Ken was a gymnast. He coached through the 80's and was a Gold Medalist on the Still Rings in 1988.
In 1998 he successfully built, owned and operated a full service Personal Training Gym, Train For Results, in Fort Lee, New Jersey for 12 years. Ken was solely in charge of total operations such as sales, marketing, advertising, promotions, training protocols, hiring and training.
Previous to that Ken was a personal trainer and the Sales Director of the world's first personal training facility, the Sports Training Institute, located in NYC. Ken has been a personal trainer up and down the East Coast, from Syracuse to Miami. Throughout his personal training career he has conducted more than 35,000 sessions and trained over 1,000 clients and is a black belt and instructor for the Aikido Centers.
- Ken now owns Neuromuscular Restoration of New Jersey where he practices Muscle Activation Techniques with office locations in Fort Lee and East Hanover at Aikido Centers - East Hanover, New Jersey.
- He is also the Dojo Cho (Head Instructor) at the Aikido Centers - River Edge New Jersey. He currently holds the rank of Sandan (3rd degree black belt) in Aikido.
- Ken is also a member of the Ridgefield Anti-Bullying Committee in Ridgefield, New Jersey.
He was formally the Associate Director of The Santomauro Group, a full service health and fitness consulting group in the Tri-State area. Ken's responsibilities were mainly focused in personal training, personal training staff training, development, hiring new employees, implementing systems as well as equipment selection when purchasing equipment was necessary.
Previously Ken was the Vice President of Training and Development for Trak Fitness. Ken created exercises that were used for promotional purposes during the start of this company. Ken was also a faculty member and educator for the Evidence Based Fitness Academy. His lecture series was on the biomechanics of the lower back as well as core exercises for the lower back.
His focus of interest is in the biomechanics and movement of the lower back followed by corrective and rehabilitative exercises related to the core and lower back.
Ken is a contributing writer for Club Industry - 5 Steps series in Club Industry's Fitness Business Pro Magazine.
Education and Certifications:
- Exercise Physiologist
- Certified Muscle Activation Techniques
- National Academy of Sports Medicine - Certified Personal Trainer - Advanced, Corrective Exercise Specialist
- National Strength and Conditioning Association - Certified Personal Trainer
- American College of Sports Medicine - Certified Personal Trainer
- Apex Fitness Systems - Certified Nutrition Fitness Professional
- 3rd Degree Black Belt in Aikido
Ken is continually broadening his wealth of knowledge by attending the top lectures, seminars and workshops nationwide in order to be on the cutting edge of health and fitness information.
What drives Ken every day is his ability to help people and allow them to live their lives to their fullest potential.
Ken lives in Union County, New Jersey, and is a proud father to his 2 children.